The Users Advisory Council is a Governance group, whose members are appointed by the Governance Board from nominations. This council provides essential community engagement and investment. By design, the council will include several members from each level of membership to ensure that ongoing development represents the needs of all members.
- Receive, suggest, discuss and vote on ideas for software enhancements which are forwarded to Board.
- Maintain liaison with archives communities in SAA, ALA, AAM, AASLH, DLF and other relevant professional groups, in particular the SAA AT/Archon Roundtable.
- Advise LYRASIS on the design and delivery of services, such as help desk processes, technical support, documentation, training, migration, hosting, etc.
- No more than 17 members, no more than two from each membership
- Appointed by ArchivesSpace Board from membership and existing council member nominations
- ArchivesSpace Program Manager (development roadmaps, marketing, etc.) ex officio
- Chair of Technology Advisory Council ex officio
- Two-year renewable terms
- Chair—one-year term, elected Council members
- Feature prioritization / acceptance testing
- Help desk support
- Product comparison (completed activity and members have been re-assigned to one of the other four groups)
- Reports defintions
- User documentation
Sub-teams are constituted by the council according to the needs of the ArchivesSpace program. Council members volunteer to serve on one or more sub-teams.
Meetings & Communication Strategies:
- Three times per year virtually
- One in-person meeting per year at the annual SAA annual meeting
Organizes annual open user forums (with support from LYRASIS) at these professional venues: SAA, ALA, AAM, AASLH, DLF and others as needed (may consider initiating an ArchivesSpace Roundtable at these professional organizations).