During the planning grant phase, Brad Westbrook, Scott Schwartz, and Chris Prom developed the following specifications, which will be used to guide work during the development/build phase. This page provides links to:
- A system overview (not an official spec but a summary of information in the ones linked below)
- Hi-level functional requirements
- Detailed specifications for:
- Interface design principles
- Technical Discussion Documents/Position Pieces
- Provisional data model (November 7, 2011 draft)
- Position statement on multi-tenancy (November 11, 2011 draft)
- NEW: Position Statement on Reporting (March 23, 2012 draft)
- NEW: Position Statement on Deployment (March 23, 2012 draft)
If you have comments, please submit them via our Google group. We will take all comments under consideration to the extent possible given overall project constraints in the high level requirements. If you would prefer not to submit your comments publicly, please feel free to submit them to Mark Matienzo, the Technical Architect of ArchivesSpace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the next few months, these specifications will be reviewed and revised, to ensure consistency across modules. As individual specs are revised, they will be updated and we will post an announcement on the news section of this site.